A Donor Directed Fund is a giving vehicle that allows donors to make a charitable contribution now, receive an immediate tax deduction, and then provide matching donations from the fund over time to their charities and causes when it makes sense for them. Donors can contribute to the fund as frequently as they like.
1. You can make an irrevocable contribution of personal assets, including:
- Publicly traded securities including stocks, bonds, mutual fund shares
- Privately-held stock
- Real estate
- Proceeds from life insurance or from a full-paid policy
- Tangible personal property
2. At any time afterward, you can recommend Matching Funds from your donation to qualified charities for their fundraisers.
3. Your donations provide charities with funds as needs arise
Setting up a Donor Directed Fund with The MatchingFund provides you the ability to respond quickly to emerging community needs.