A Donor Directed Fund is a giving vehicle that allows donors to make a charitable contribution now, receive an immediate tax deduction, and then provide matching donations from the fund over time to their charities and causes when it makes sense for them. Donors can contribute to the fund as frequently as they like.
1. You can make an irrevocable contribution of personal assets, including:
- Publicly traded securities including stocks, bonds, mutual fund shares
- Privately-held stock
- Real estate
- Proceeds from life insurance or from a full-paid policy
- Tangible personal property
2. At any time afterward, you can recommend Matching Funds from your donation to qualified charities for their fundraisers.
3. Your donations provide charities with funds as needs arise
Setting up a Donor Directed Fund with The MatchingFund provides you the ability to respond quickly to emerging community needs.
Donation will be used as directed by you. You can designate when and which charities can use the funds for their fundraising efforts. There is a minimum of $5,000 donation required for creating a donor directed fund. There is not a fee for setting up the fund. The full amount of your donation will be used to support your causes.
We will contact you soon about your interest. We will do everything necessary to make sure your funds are used as you desire. We will also provide you with information for contacting us directly about your funds and causes.
Thank You for working with The MatchingFund to support your Philanthropic efforts.